Join Chhango for an unforgettable 2-day adventure of mountain biking and canyoning in Shivapuri National Park, Nepal. Experience the thrill of cycling through stunning scenery and the adrenaline rush of canyoning through waterfalls and pools. This tour is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who are looking for a challenge and a chance to explore the natural beauty of Nepal.
The cost is :Costs - 250$ per pax
Day 1: Mountainbiking (Thamel – Budhanilkantha – Nagi Gumba – Sundarijal)
Enjoy the nature and the adventure.
- Ride for 5 – 6 hours on roads with a nice mixture of Pitchroad and Off – road, with up – and downhill
- Guides will give you technical instructions on how to use high quality bikes. Helmets are supplied.
- Adventure: Concentrate on the way while going downhill through the jungle – off – road – paths and take breath for the uphill parts.
- Observe the nature: Drive through the hilly and agricultural landscape of the Kathmandu Valley, enjoy the ride through Shivapuri National Park which overlooks the Kathmandu Valley
- cultural experience: travel through the traditional villages and see the the traditional way of life, visit the famous Vishnu Statue (from the 8th century) in Budhanilkantha, where mostly local devotees go to whorshipped
- Packed lunch and Water are provided
- Overnight – camping in Chhango-Riverside-Resort: Enjoy a typical Nepali dinner, relax in our beautiful resort directly at the border of Shivapuri National Park (15km northward of Kathmandu)
Day 2: Canyoning in Shivapuri National Park
- Start the day with a hearty breakfast (egg, bread and fruit)
- Walk for 30 min up through the National park to arrive at the Canyoning-Spot, spend 3 – 4 hours canyoning, then go down the Syalmati Khola River canyon
- Enjoy the adventure of abseiling down four waterfalls, swim in the pools below, going through a small cave, sliding and doing river walking
- See the Shivapuri national park jungle, with its four different types of forest, lots of different plants and mushrooms, 318 different types of birds and rare animals, like clouded Leopard. If you`re lucky you might be able to the clouded leopard.
- Our professional certified guides will make sure, that have a safe and enjoyable day
- You will be served a typical nepali lunch, when you arrive back in the resort
- In the afternoon we ride back with to Thamel
The itinerary may be subject to change due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or special requests.
What is included?
- First aid kit
- Breakfast & lunch
- Safety gear & equipment
- Government tax & VAT
What is not included?
- Personal Insurance (Rs. 500 per person for early bird/Rs. 600 per person on arrival payment)
- National Park permits (Rs. 100 per person for Nepalese and Rs.1000 for foreigners)
- Transportation to and from the starting point
What to bring?
- Nepalese citizens must bring a photocopy of their citizenship card and two passport-sized photos when participating.
- Water bottle (If you can avoid using mineral bottled water to minimize environmental impact)
- Sun cream, Sun hat
- Undergarments and Personal Towel and shop /shampoo if you are doing Canyoning.
- Proper sports and hiking shoes for hiking/Canyoning.
- T-shirt, sandals, and Comfortable Shoes for swimwear from Canyoning.
- Snacks (like chocolate bars, energy juices, etc.)
- Personal Toiletries